Daughter of Knud Nilsen and Didrike Bergithe Hansdatter
Born 09.10.1854 – Lødingen, Nordland, Norway
Hanna was born on the 10th of September, 1854 on Ladesletten Farm. Six years later, on November 5, 1860, her mother married Jens Andreas Pedersen, also in Lødingen. It is unclear what became of Hanna’s father, Knud.
Hanna was confirmed on July 4, 1869 in Lødingen (Tjeldsund, Hol). Knud Nilsen is listed as her father followed by “Kjeøen”. In 1869, there was a port at Kjeøen which was served by the Coastal Service, per the Rutebok for Norge, published January 1869. From what I have found, what was formerly referred to as Kjeøen is the island of Kjeøya, which has been a fish brokerage since 1684. It’s possible this is where Knud was residing, but I’ve yet to confirm this.
On January 13, 1878, Hanna married Sivert Andreas Benjamin Tomassen in Trondenes, Troms. They lived in Lǿdingenfor and had six children:
- Theodor Johan (John) Sivertsen Sæther, b: 05.03.1878, Dybhavn
- Hilma Josefine Birgitte Sivertsdatter Sæther, b: 02.02.1880, Lǿdingen
- unnamed boy Sivertsen, b: 11.11.1882, Evenes / d: infancy
- Konrad Severin Sivertsen, b: 11.11.1882, Evenes
- Sigrid Hansine Tomassen Sæther,
b: 10.01.1885, Evenes / d: 07.03.1987, Somers, NY
- Anna Ovidie Johanna Tomassen Sivertsdatter Sæther, b: 21.03.1888, Stuenos, Ofoten
- Ingvald Jentoft Meijer Sivertsen Sæther, b: 04.05.1891, Evenes, Ofoten
- Agur Sivertsen, b: 1893 / d: infancy
The family moved from Stuenos to Sæther, where the children spend their childhood. Sivert passed away in 1899 and Hanna along with her children adopted Sæther as their family name. In 1910, at age 56, she was a houseworker for the Sandtorv Residence in Trondenes. She moved from from Lødingen to Trondheim with Konrad, Anna, and Ingvald.
Media & References
- Offersoy Feriesenter – Kjeøya